MID-CAMPAIGN OPTIMIZATION RESULTS KICKED THIS CAMPAIGN INTO HIGH GEAR
Over the course of launch at the end of Q4 in 2014 through the beginning of Q3, the planning and strategic optimizations of the 4Sight digital media campaign has accounted for 68% of all site traffic and has generated 48% of all website leads.
4Sight Logistics Solution is a best-in-class software platform designed for use by operators of busy warehouse operations. The software gives operators complete visibility into the location and status of tractor trailer and loading dock in the system, with real time information on everything from time parked at a particular loading dock to how many trailers are in the “yard” and their precise location.
4Sight is a new player to a quickly maturing market. To make up ground in brand recognition and product trial, we recommended a multi-channel and multi-touchpoint digital media mix.
- Drive qualified leads through website
- Increase brand awareness and brand searches
Maintain an average position of 1.5 in non-brand search engine results
- Limited budget combined with little brand recognition
- Several other brands — both inside and outside of our market — with the name 4Sight
- No historical traffic or conversion data
- High non-brand cost per click in vertical
- Low domain and page authority due to just-launched website on a new domain
- Multi-touch conversion pathway (5+ exposures minimum)
- Lead gen forms were long and cumbersome
Creatively maximize budget across effective media mix to drive maximum exposure to the B2B researcher during the initials stages of research, stay top of mind during the research/decision process, and increase the search-ability of the brand when the consumer was ready to convert to a lead.
- Phrase and exact non-brand paid search quickly allowed us to catch new keywords and search terms within our product categories that we did not see in our research
- Tightly targeted brand paid search prepared us for the anticipated growth in brand awareness, knowing that consumers with previous brand exposure would be then able to identify the correct 4Sight in future search results
- Prospective display targeting ensured exposure of ads to B2B researchers who had been exploring competitors or showed similar behavior to converters on the website
- Display retargeting focused on the many potential leads that would come to the site during the research phase, but continue to try to find more information
- 29% of all conversions came from people who interacted with ads 5 or more times
- 20% of all conversions occurred 31-60 days after the first interaction
- Only 2% of measured conversions resulting in a contact were from form fills
- Remaining 98% of conversions were phone calls
Mid Campaign Optimizations:
- Implemented event tracking to monitor other site events that signaled a potential lead in addition to form fills. This lead to an increase in average session time, with non-brand paid search seeing the largest spike from 19 seconds to 42 seconds
- De-focused on low lead-to-conversion keywords despite their high AOV
- Began considering higher-funnel website interactions (e.g. high-value informational pages) in conversion calculations once we understood that a form completion was not the primary indicator of interest, but in face customers coming to the website were far more likely to call for more information than they were to fill out a contact form
- Updated website copy to reflect he heavily searched keywords that were driving traffic, resulting in steadily increasing quality scores and lower cost per click
- Doubled average monthly direct site traffic
- Increased monthly organic search traffic by 73%
- Paid media has accounted for 68% of all site traffic since the launch of the campaigns
- Increased the average monthly click to lead conversion rate by 525% and decreased the average monthly cost per lead by 72%
- Increased average session duration from 19 to 42 seconds