GDD Interactive is an award-winning boutique digital design and marketing firm. We are always on the lookout for smart, talented, energetic, and passionate people who love and live digital. Our boutique agency culture means we work fast, have fun, are laser focused, and that everyone’s contribution has direct impact on the agency and on our clients. Our roster includes leading national brands like Game Stop, Pep Boys, National Geographic, Conn’s, Interstate Batteries, and Radio Shack, as well as a select group of emerging leaders with whom we work directly to grow their market position through digital strategy and execution.
Our culture is built on creativity, innovation, collaboration, trust, flexibility, pride in our work, entrepreneurial spirit, and a sense of humor. Everyone here is considered a part of creative solutions. Our work style is a combination of in-office and work-from-home time, giving our team members an opportunity to maintain work/life balance and a healthy lifestyle, both of which are key to our culture and long-term success. As innovation and thought leadership are at the heart of our agency, we offer regular opportunities for learning, advancement, and personal growth.
We are looking for a talented, driven, energetic developer to join our growing team of digital marketing and creative experts. This role requires a mixture of innovative approach, team collaboration, and the ability to create and maintain the highest level of technological discipline through industry standard best practices, clearly defined process, and meticulous maintenance of code and documentation. We have been in digital since the beginning and don’t need someone to teach us how technology works. We do need someone who will take complete ownership of technology at GDD and help create a best-in-class development practice.
- Help develop and maintain a disciplined development process including maintaining code repositories; standardized testing environments and methodologies;
- Assist in analyzing MySQL database structures and stored procedures as it relates to application development and integration.
- Adhere to software development best practices and defined standards for documentation and coding styles (and make recommendations for improvements).
- Design reusable components by utilizing various standard frameworks.
- Evaluate requirements and initial mock-ups; make technology recommendations that support optimal construction, maintenance and performance.
- Serve as a technical expert and lead on project teams.
- Develop highly interactive database and API driven websites and applications
- Create dynamic elements within ever-changing social media environments like Facebook Google+ and Twitter
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with all areas of the company, clients, and suppliers.
- Remain current with all technical and market changes that may affect the performance of the department or company.
- Provide tactical IT feedback and recommendations to help company meet aggressive growth goals.
- Maintain existing websites and applications, and provide support as needed
- Keep up to date with current and relevant development solutions
- Collaborate with our entire team to figure out how to make concepts work as well as suggest ideas that may make things even better
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Business Administration, or Information Systems preferred
- 5+ years of relevant PHP development experience
- Fluency with responsive design a must
- Proficiency with Linux based operating systems and open source web servers (Apache, FreeBSD, etc…)
- DB design and development experience
- Object-oriented analysis and design experience
- Zend Framework and Dojo experience is preferred
- Custom WordPress development experience
- Experience with standard social APIs including Facebook and Twitter
- Proficiency in SEO development and optimization strategies
- Occasional projects may require simple database design
- Experience with mobile-specific site development including leveraging OS-specific functionality and interface elements
- Mobile app development experience a plus
- Mobile eCommerce development experience a double plus
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills. We’re not looking for a shut-in developer. We’re looking for an outgoing leader type who enjoys people and collaboration.
Here’s what you can expect from us
- A fast paced environment centered around creativity and big thinking
- An informal, drama-free, professional environment
- Freedom and support to ideate, create, and lead
- A virtual office model
- Extended holidays
- Un-metered PTO
- Health benefit stipend
- Education and advancement opportunities
- Competitive salary
Contact Guy Dineen, Owner and Principal of GDD Interactive, at [email protected]. Send:
- Your resume.
- A link to your website with current, relevant work with a clear explanation of your role.
- Why you’re interested in GDD.
- Why not hiring you would be the biggest mistake we will have made in our entire lives.
We’re looking forward to talking to you